1 cup brown rice syrup
1 cup smooth peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter)
4 cups organic crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries or strawberries (can be found at trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or most any health food store)
- In a large bowl, combine the rice crisps and the freeze dried fruit.
- In a large sauce pan, heat brown rice syrup and peanut butter over low heat and whisk until melted and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and pour over rice crisps in a large bowl.
- Stir with a plastic spatula until completely combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan and press down to flatten the top (sometimes I put a zipper bag on my hand like a glove, to press into the pan and flatten the treats)
- Cool for 5 minutes and then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts.
- Note: If there are any unshaped pieces of the rice crispy treats you can have fun and roll them into balls.
Hearty Crispy Treats