A written daily/weekly schedule for each group of children indicating the routines and blocks of time assigned for activities will be posted in each classroom. The program, along with programs implemented for the infants, will provide each with the opportunity to participate in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities daily.
The programs allow teacher intervention and creativity:
– A balance between self-directed and adult guided activities
– Periods of play alternating with periods of relative quiet
– Opportunities for outdoor play daily, weather permitting
– Vigorous indoor activities during inclement weather
– A written activity plan including activities daily to stimulate social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of children
– Each child will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of indoor activities including, but not limited to, arts and crafts, dramatic play, small and large groups games, gardening, language arts, etc.