- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 medium apple
- Combine the oats and cinnamon in a dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring occasionally, until the oats are golden. Cool before using.
- Mix together the peanut butter and honey.
- Core and slice the apple into 6 rounds. (If you don’t have an apple corer, you can slice the apple first and then cut out the centers with a small cookie cutter or knife.)
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on 3 of the apple slices and sprinkle with raisins and oats. Top with the remaining apple slices to form sandwiches.
If you are not eating the apple right away, you can brush it with lemon juice to prevent browning. A solution of 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon lemon juice does the trick without tasting too lemony.